Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Music Monday: Becoming the Archetype

Ok, I confess that this is about Becoming the Archetype just because BA is the only band I've listened to today. I had some other great ideas (well, "great" in my mind at least) for today's Music Monday, but now it's late, I've spent most of the night working on tomorrow's lesson, and I need to go to bed. Lame, I know. I've failed you all. And most importantly, I've failed myself.

Ok, cutting the dramatic crap, Becoming the Archetype is an absolutely amazing band. Yes, they are metalcore, so I know a lot of you won't like them. But you know I had to talk about metalcore eventually, right? I mean, look at all the other MM posts in which I abstained.

Back to Becoming the Archetype. I really enjoy their music, and they are one of the clearest metalcore bands I've ever listened to. I don't have to concentrate at all to understand them! Their version of "How Great Thou Art" is just amazing. If you feel like listening to it, here's the link (the comment on the screen is kind of amusing). See how clear they are? And I love their instrumental intro.

And for those of you who don't like screaming, they also do some instrumental stuff too that is pretty nice. The first one is called Night's Sorrow and the second one is called Nocturne.

See? Something for the whole family. Now I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments just as much as fresh guacamole and chips! Well, maybe not quite that much...