Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Music Monday

I know that Music Monday is not original. Many people do Music Mondays. But it's still a good idea. I kind of love alliteration. When I'm coming up with names for things, I often try to find a name that matches whatever it is. Like, Claudius the Crawdad. Or Bellatrice the Baracuda. You know, good stuff like that. So that's why I like Music Monday. Music Tuesday just wouldn't be right.

I know that most of you don't share my musical tastes, but I do listen to a lot more than just screamo and ska. Of course, I will occasionally want to discuss such wonderful genres, but I will also include many other kinds of music. Anyway, I think you'll be stronger, more cultured people after learning about all these different genres.

One of the books I brought to Hong Kong is Music Game Book: A World History of 20th Century Music. It's pretty exciting. It goes through all sorts of genres, histories, and people, not to mention a ton of games and trivia questions. I've been reading through it and listening to a couple songs and artists from each time period/movement. I think after I finish the book I'll be much more cultured. Or at least I'll know a bit more about music.

Since this is my first Music Monday, I won't get in too deep to anything. Just a bit of music trivia. Drum rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

What is the most expensive music video ever made?

Do you know the answer?









Answer: Michael Jackson's Scream. It cost over $7 million. That's a pretty expensive music video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kypuC7pKr4s
After watching it, my reaction is, how did they manage to make that video cost so much? Maybe the vases were a couple thousand dollars each. And I'm sure that those leather pans were pretty pricey. Or the hair and makeup. That's probably it.

1 comment:

I like comments just as much as fresh guacamole and chips! Well, maybe not quite that much...