Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Music Monday: Laura

I thought I'd try something a little different for today's Music Monday. I went on grooveshark and looked up a ton of different songs that have "Laura" in the title. What would I find?

Well, the results weren't that awesome. There were a lot of songs about Laura, but they weren't terribly cheering. Most of the songs seemed to be about break-ups or Laura spurning their love. A couple were about slutty girls named Laura. Hooray.

This one by Combustible Edison is especially cheerful. "Laura, never will she marry. Born to wander 'til she dies. Life for her is just a misty blur. She has no home; her shelter is the sky."

Music-wise, they were ok, although there weren't any that I fell in love with. No luck in the theme-song department. There is a Flogging Molly song called Laura, and that one is pretty good.

There were several instrumental ones and a couple in Spanish, so I can hope that those were positive, but they sounded sad too! Oh well. Maybe I'll just write my own song about how awesome Lauras are. Yeah!

Now I challenge you, dear readers, to go look up your own names and tell me what you find. Is your name mainly positive or negative? Do you like the music? Do you even have any songs named after you? If your name is Hepsibah, I think it's safe to say that you should start writing your own.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea laura. I took the challenge, and started to post, but it got too long. Check it out on my blog instead: www.artfarrago.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I like comments just as much as fresh guacamole and chips! Well, maybe not quite that much...