Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Head's Up

Hey everyone. I just thought I'd let you know that I finally decided to monetize my blog (try to make money off of it by letting them put up ads on it). I was paying loans today, which made me realize how much I have left to pay, once again motivating me to try alternate methods of making money.

I probably won't make much doing it, but if I do a lot of little things, they'll add up to something. I'm still new at this thing, but I may try to get some cool ads that go with the things I'm actually writing about. Maybe I'll even get a Hostelworld ad! We'll see.

Have any of you guys ever tried odd ways to make money before? How did it go?

P.S. Happy Mardis Gras! I just realized that I've almost let Fat Tuesday pass me by without indulging in anything. I'd better go eat a Snickers.

5 comments:

  1. Let me know how the ads thing works out. I personally don't like the look of them on my own blog, but if the monetary value is worth it ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't especially like the look, but I think after awhile you can personalize them and make them fit in more. I'll just have to figure out how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you took my recommendation! cool! I still haven't done it yet though :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did! You can always wait and see how it works out for me. I'll be a guinea pig of sorts. Reet reet!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments just as much as fresh guacamole and chips! Well, maybe not quite that much...