Saturday, May 28, 2011

Worship/My Story

I just got back from a city-wide worship night! There's a whole worship conference going on (which I can't go to, sad day), but a friend got me a ticket for the first night. It was awesome to see people from many different countries and ages and walks of life all worshipping our God together. That's beautiful.

One thing that's stuck with me is a line from the last song we sang. It goes "I want to be a speaker of truth to all mankind." I realized on the bus-ride home (I have many epiphanies on buses) that that's what I want. I love writing, but I don't want to do it just for myself. I want my writing to speak truth. When I write poetry or songs (or even this blog), I hope that I would write words that are beautiful and true. Maybe sometimes a little weird, but true nonetheless.

On a side note, one of my friends has been working on an awesome project where he records people's stories of how they've found and grown in God. His blog, Unshattered Hope, is a huge collection of testimonies. I love reading them. They remind me that while we have one God and Father, all of us are different. God works in different ways in all of our lives to call us to himself and make us more like him. Check out his blog, if you have time.

Also, this week my story is being featured! Pop over and give it a read, if you feel the urge. It's definitely the Cliff Notes version, so feel free to ask me anything if you have questions or whatnot.

Woot woot!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely loved reading your life story (Cliff Notes version)! You definitely speak truth to me and everyone I know, and always with an upbeat attitude. You are awesome, Laura K. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I like comments just as much as fresh guacamole and chips! Well, maybe not quite that much...