Sunday, April 10, 2011

Youth Sunday

It was a good day. I stayed up late last night so I was pretty tired. My body really wanted to sleep in, but I was supposed to be one of the people sharing at Spectrum (youth) Church today. A little powdered cappuccino does a world of good sometimes.

Church was really nice. Lots of the kids pitched in to help out in various aspects, and that was great to see. During worship, one kid's guitar string snapped, but he somehow kept playing and was able to finish two songs. After worship we talked about missions, since ten of the senior youth are going to Thailand over Easter break with Habitat for Humanity. Lillian talked about what missions is, and I shared about missions at home (good, since I've never been on an international mission trip). A teen shared about his own missions experience.

I've been so proud of some of them. It's awesome to see them help and reach out to others and work as leaders. It's great to hear their hearts. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to work with these awesome teenagers, and I pray God continues working in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments just as much as fresh guacamole and chips! Well, maybe not quite that much...