Thursday, December 9, 2010

Toni's Coming!

I'm sure this is old news for some of you (I've been blaring it around fb for a week), but my good friend Toni is coming to visit me! I love having visitors, and it will be especially nice to have Toni here.
It's a little sad that we don't have more time together (she's coming in Friday night and leaving Tuesday morning, and I have to work two full days), but we will certainly make the most of it. I've been thinking about all the things we should do, like eating dim sum and riding a sampan and getting smoothies at the corner and going to church and watching the light show and all that good stuff. So much fun is in store!
It's almost like Christmas is tomorrow. Oh boy!
This also reminds me how much I like having visitors. Hospitality is a big deal for me. Last year I used to have at least one person/group of people over for a meal a week. NowI have a lot less friends (nearby, that is) and I don't live in a central location in the city. It's not easy to drop by. Finally, since I live with my parents now in a small apartment (flat), I can't do anything without clearing it with them. They are very hospitable people as well, but it's still different.
Like, if I were living by myself I would totally sign up as a couchsurfing host. Basically, I would be letting people who are travelling sleep on my couch or floor when they're passing through. If I had the time, I would cook for them or show them around the city. Wouldn't that be awesome? I would be able to meet people from everywhere and help them out in a real way! Hong Kong also could use some couchsurfing hosts. According to the couchsurfing website, Hong Kong has two profiles, neither of which I could find. Thailand has over two thousand. C'mon, Hong Kong, that's lame.
If only I could do something about it. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments just as much as fresh guacamole and chips! Well, maybe not quite that much...