Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Music Monday (Tuesday?): Stickable Songs

Once again, I'm writing my Music Monday post on Tuesday. But really, I go to work in the morning and work until six. Then I rush home and eat before I do a private lesson. Then I usually work on the lesson for the next day before going to bed. And I think it will only get busier since I've agreed to take on two more Monday night lessons in January. Busy!

I may just have to move Music Monday to Tuesday but still call it Music Monday because calling it Music Tuesday is just lame. Sound like a plan?

ANYWAY....

What song do you have stuck in your head right now? If you don't have one in there now, you probably will sometime today. Or tomorrow. Or this week. Basically, it happens a lot. You can't stop singing or humming it. It plays in your head while you're walking. It's your theme music when you're driving. And whenever you've just about forgotten it, someone else will start humming it and bring it all back.

I've had "I've Got A Feeling" by the Black-Eyed Peas stuck in my head for the past several days. I keep singing it in the elevator but then quickly cut it off whenever anyone jumps on. The worst for me is when I have screamo songs stuck in my head because I can't actually sing along to them. I can whisper scream, but that wears my throat out after awhile.

Have you ever wondered why songs get stuck in your head? I don't really know why they do, but I did read something about it. Whatever I was reading said that the things in your brain (you can tell that I've been out of school for a bit; I could look it up and pretend that I knew it all along, but I won't) will sometimes get stuck and keep firing. That's why songs get stuck because your brain will keep playing it over and over again. Interesting, I think.

So what do YOU have stuck in your head right now?

"Cause I've got a feeling that tonight's going to be a good night...."

1 comment:

  1. When that song first came out it was playing EVERYWHERE. I think 95% of the world had it stuck in their heads (me included)--and yes, I know that statistic was made up.

    I have a sacred harp song stuck in my head. I don't even know what it's called, but it's sung by Mac Powell.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments just as much as fresh guacamole and chips! Well, maybe not quite that much...