Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Stuck In My Head: Glass

This is not a new song, but for the past, oh I don't know, week or so, I've been playing ATB's Made of Glass when I drive.  Ooh, it's such a great driving song, especially night driving.  Similar to Alanis Morisette's Wunderkind, I feel like I'm in a movie when I listen to it while driving in the dark.  I feel l like I should be pondering some great life change or crying silently after some traumatic event.

I'm not normally into trance.  I like the beats but I find whole songs to be too repetitious and...trance-y.  I generally prefer music that wakes me up not puts me to sleep.  This particular song, though, really caught my attention.  Of course it has a nice beat and it does repeat itself some but it never want to fast forward or yell at my stereo to get to the end already.

Also, while being somewhat lyrically opaque, the song paints a a picture of the transience of life.  My favorite lines are "Sometimes life just seems to shatter.  We're all made of glass."  Beautiful.

Well...I don't really have anything else to say...so here, just listen to it.  Oh, and there's no official MV, so enjoy the scenery pictures someone put together.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments just as much as fresh guacamole and chips! Well, maybe not quite that much...